Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Energy Work and Imposter Syndrome

What a beautiful day after the rain yesterday. The rain is a great resource to ground energy down. If you feel stressed or sad, simply step out into the the rain and let it flow down you, taking any excess or negative energy with it. If it's not raining, get in the shower and just let it flow down you with the same feeling. I've always preferred showers and rainstorms to baths, though a good sea salt bath with lavender can be extremely cleansing too.




The energy of the universe is something that you can feel instinctively, even when you do not know what it is. It flows down the chakras of our bodies and can get stuck at various places, depending on our stresses or life lessons. 

Reiki is simply an energy healing technique that is used to channel healing energy with the intent of compassion and healing towards another person. It is not our personal energy that you are sending, but energy that you are funneling from the universe, that is all around us.

For years, I have been manipulating the energy in my body. I could feel it flow down my arms and pool in my hands and wonder that I couldn't see a light because I could feel it warm up my hands and vibrate my skin. On January 2016, about 23 years after I first felt this energy, I started on the path to become a Reiki Master.

Today is the day that I completed my training (this is my given/muggle name). 

Honestly, I'm floored that I finished it and it is far from the end of my learning. I am planning on taking other classes with other Master's to achieve a well rounded understanding of what Reiki is and how so many of us use it.

The use of Reiki energy is largely instinctive and classes in using it help us become more open to it with attunements and help us to focus it with the symbols and hand placements (though we should listen to our instincts as to the use of these guides). 

Starting this path wasn't easy for me. I felt like an imposter. That is the core of what the imposter syndrome is. You feel like you aren't good enough and that someone is going to call you out. You know what? Someone is going to disagree with how you do things sometimes. Someone is going to have a strong personality and try to help you without asking. This is life. And it's okay. You can take the help or advice and decide for yourself it works, or you can let it flow off you like the energy that resides in your aura that you can manipulate with ease once you train.




The goal of Reiki treatment is to direct energy towards a person with kindness, compassion and the intent that it will go to the place it needs to go to help the recipient heal in spirit, energy and body. As long as you keep your intent focused on those goals, you cannot do harm. Always asking for permission before doing a Reiki session is polite, though I have been known to send a spurt of kind energy towards a person from time to time who I haven't asked permission from because I feel called by the gods to do so. 

Reiki is very like prayer. Prayer creates the intent of the energy, and sends it out into the world towards the person or situation to try and heal or resolve something. 

Imposter Syndrome is tied to anxiety and overly worrying about what others think of you. But your intent is paramount. I am a pagan and a witch, I try to do no harm and if I feel I am coming close to wanting harm I will bind someone or banish instead. Release your anxiety and stress, relax into your life and goals and take control of the one thing you have control over: the way you perceive the world.

We do not have control over anything else in any life.

We can direct energy, but we do not control where it goes ultimately.

We can cast spells, but this is also a type of energy work.

We can set our intentions, but again the energy goes where it needs to go.

We can choose our job, our partner, whether or not to buy a new car or a house; but we cannot choose how the people around us act towards us.

All we have control over is how we react to others.

It takes practice to do this and sometimes we still fail because we are only able to do what we can do. Do we take criticism as a negative thing or can we look at it, really turn it around in our hands and see if it is something that you can understand from multiple views?

As this moon expands
Think on how your energy flows
Allow it to grow
To flow
To ease down you 
As a wave slides over the sand.
Let it sink
Sink your energy down
Down into the earth.
Goddess take this energy
Renew it and send it
Send it to someone who needs it.
God of the sky and forest
Allow me to resonate 
And feel your hands on me
As I pass through into peace.
May the light pass through me.

Blessed Be
Talia Ravenspath

No comments: